Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) X Bandas satânicas

Autor Mensagem
Pseudonimum
Veterano
# mar/06 · Editado por: Pseudonimum

O Megadeth, cujo líder é o tão conhecido Dave Mustaine, vem cancelando shows com bandas ditas satânicas. A razão apontada é a conversão de Mustaine ao cristianismo, há uns 4 anos atrás.

As primeiras notícias relacionadas ao assunto, surgiram quando Dave Mustaine ameaçou cancelar a participação do Megadeth em festivais na Grécia e em Israel, em virtude das bandas de suporte serem de ideologia satânica. As bandas em questão são ROTTING CHRIST e o DISSECTION.

7 de Maio de 2005.
Declarações de Dave Mustaine no site do fórum oficial do Megadeth :

"It has come to my attention that there was a show in Greece where an allegedly 'full-on' Satanic band [ROTTING CHRIST] was going to be playing, as well as one in Israel too [referring to DISSECTION — Ed.]. No one knows for sure what their intent or content is, so I am not going to say they are.

"Yes, I said that I was not really interested in playing with Satanic [bands], and that is because I changed my outlook on life and my spritual beliefs over three years ago. I became a Christian, yes, and I have made even more mistakes now that I have, because there are things I do that I know I should not do, and things I do not do that I know I should.

"Plus I have helpful people like the guy in this thread who is quick to point out my failings, and volunteering as my self-appointed judge to remind me of everything that I am doing wrong.

"Yes, I did say I would prefer not to play on concerts with Satanic bands. That doesn't mean I won't, it doesn't mean I would not talk with the bands either, (sometimes it is just for fun anyway with these bands). But to make a life-altering change and then not have some kind of affect would not have been a change at all, would it? It's not much different from staying away from booze if you have made a decision to be sober.

"The concerts that I headline or I put together is usually my choice who I want to play with; festivals are different. If I don't feel it is right for me to do something, then like I said in this post here I would just respectfully decline. I would not ask that anyone be taken off if they were already confirmed.

"I have to draw the line and stand for my beliefs or they aren't beliefs at all, are they? I don't expect anyone to fully understand this, but I know many of you do, and I thank you for your support.

"To the Droogie that is set on insulting me about my beliefs, I understand. It is easy for a person with no beliefs to mock someone who does. I don't know if you do (I hope so), but it appears not. Because if you did, you would say, 'Well, those are Dave's beliefs, they are not like mine, but if mine are to be respected, than so should his.'

"I doubt you will think things through like this before you come on here and attack me for my beliefs again, but here's to hoping. And ya might want to check the guidelines of this site too; we are pretty friendly here, but personal attacks don't sit well here.

"And if not, I imagine someone will prolly buy your ticket and I will dedicate a song to your abscence at the concert

"The moral to the story is this . . . I don't like certain bands and that will never change that in me."

Fonte.

Outro comentário de Dave Mustaine publicado no site do Megadeth:

"Yes, I did say I would prefer not to play on concerts with Satanic bands," he said. "That doesn't mean I won't, it doesn't mean I would not talk with the bands either...But to make a life-altering change and then not have some kind of effect would not have been a change at all, would it? It's not much different from staying away from booze if you have made a decision to be sober."

"If I don't feel it is right for me to do something, then (I) would just respectfully decline. I would not ask that anyone be taken off if they were already confirmed...I have to draw the line and stand for my beliefs or they aren't beliefs at all, are they?"

Outras declarações de Dave Mustaine colocadas no site do Megadeth :

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message in the "Forums" section of the band's official web site:

"People don't really have to guess how I feel on issues; that is a benefit of being outspoken. So, I have to say that I am stunned with the inconsiderate posts and threads here about my stand for something that is important to me, and people acting like this is new news.

"So what if I played with a band in question [ROTTING CHRIST] in 2001. I got saved in 2002. Do the math.

"Also, we have very laidback guidelines here — basically treat me the way you want to be treated (unless you want to be treated like a turd) and we will all get along fine. I don't attack you, I don’t push my beliefs on you, I still try my best to love you all, and accept the good with the bad.

"I stick up for my friends, show up to do the right thing, and stand proud for my beliefs. If you don't like it, then go see someone else's concerts, or go to someone else's site. Its just that simple.

"The sad thing is that this all happened over a band that was never even confirmed on the Greek concert. Rest assured, many people here revealed their true colors over this. And I want to thank each and everyone who took the time out of their busy schedule to stand alongside me; whether you have/had the same beliefs or not.

"I still love you all. Now, try to stay out of trouble for a while, ok?"

Fonte.

As reações a estes acontecimentos foram inúmeras.

8 de Maio de 2005
Sakis Tolis, o líder do ROTTING CHRIST efetuou as seguintes declarações por intermédio da Metal Temple Magazine:

"Unfortunately we find ourselves in the difficult position to have to announce to our fans that we feel like canceling our upcoming participation in two big festivals (something that we have done several times before too) with the reason being our band’s name. A name that expresses our opposition to any kind of religion, a name that opposes to any fake visions of an eternal calmness and peace, a name that is a punch at the conservative basis of the hypocritical and religious so called democratic societies.
Unfortunately the middle ages still find their way into the new millennium and METAL must support the freedom of the mind, something that it has been doing since its foundation.
Sakis on behalf of Rotting Christ"

Fonte.

No mesmo dia, o líder do CKY, Deron Miller, proferiu as seguintes declarações:

"Dave, I love MEGADETH, but JOIN REALITY. METALLICA was more succesful...so what?! Get over it. And now all of a sudden Christ is your savior... How weak. Take some credit for your own accomplishments.

"Remember in the '80s when the parents of your fans insisted that YOU were Satanic? You have turned into them. Stop creating drama. Your music is suffering and the fans have noticed. You've given ROTTING CHRIST the 'HOOK IN MOUTH'!!!!!!! Don't ruin your legacy for the longtime supporters."

Fonte.

13 de Maio de 2005
O líder do DISSECTION, Jon Nödtveidt reagiu desta forma:

"I unfortunately have to inform you about the fact that DISSECTION have been cancelled from the Metalist Festival in Israel (a gig which was 100 percent confirmed), obviously as a result of Mr. Dave Mustaine of MEGADETH (who are headlining the festival) not wanting to play with Satanic bands (according to himself because of his new-found Christian beliefs)! I'm also informed that we are supposed to share the bill with MEGADETH at Fury Fest (France) later in June so I therefore want to say, on the behalf of both DISSECTION and myself; Mustaine, you dare to put yourself in our way but you don't dare to meet us? You want to have DISSECTION cancelled because you do not dare to face true opponents in faith?! You think this will stop us?! We are Satanists, yes, truly enemies of yours! For we are the antithesis to cowards like you! If you are a man of true belief, meet us in France at Fury Fest and stand up for it! Or will you have us cancelled this time too?"

Fonte.

22 de Maio de 2005
O ex-baixista dos ANTHRAX, e agora membro do NUCLEAR ASSAULT, Dan Lilker, na sua coluna habitual na revista britânica Zero Tolerance, criticou duramente Dave Mustaine:
<i>

"Maybe this is gonna be old news by the time you end up reading this, but that can't be helped. The indignation I feel is current as of mid-May, so here we go...

"It seems that MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine has had DISSECTION thrown off a festival in Israel that MEGADETH is headlining, and has similarly had ROTTING CHRIST booted off a couple of Greek shows where they were supposed to support MEGADETH. Why?? Wellllll, it appears that Dave has found God! Yes, Dave Mustaine says he is now a born-again Christian, and bands like DISSECTION and ROTTING CHRIST, with their rather obvious anti-Christian idealogies, are not allowed to play with MEGADETH now. To me, this is nothing short of absolutely ridiculous, so allow me to elaborate...

"Let me get something out of the way first. I'm a pretty tolerant person for the most part, and if Dave wants to follow that particular path in life, well, it's not for me to pass judg

Pseudonimum
Veterano
# mar/06 · Editado por: Pseudonimum
· votar

[...] and condemn him. It's his life, and he can do as he pleases IN HIS PERSONAL LIFE. Ah, now we're getting somewhere! The problem starts when it becomes apparent that Dave's new-found values clash with the values of the underground metal scene, and instead of saying to himself, 'Well, I guess now I'm a little out of step with things,' he arrogantly and selfishly decides that anti-Christian bands can no longer play on the same stage as him. The point being, HE is the one that should no longer be playing with these bands, since his values no longer reflect those of the metal scene in general. HE is the anomaly now. Therefore, the more appropriate move would have been to say, 'I don't think I want to play these shows with these types of bands anymore, so we ain't doing them.'

"However, the thing is that Dave has chosen to be born-again. Here in the States, 'born-again' is synonymous with 'evangelical,' and evangelical Christians feel it is their duty to save as many souls as possible. They are also extremely arrogant and closed-minded. Now, we can mock the guy from KORN for turning into some bizarre Jesus freak, but to his credit, at least he upped and left the scene he was once a part of and didn't try to stick around impose his new way of seeing things on the rest of his band and their fans. Dave, on the other hand, is doing just that. He's still using his influence as an icon in the metal scene to attempt to prevent bands with anti-Christian and Satanic viewpoints from getting exposure amongst people who want to see MEGADETH. That is where the evangelical arrogance comes into play. In some twisted way, perhaps Dave thinks he is saving souls by continuing to remain in a scene he no longer has anything in common with. 'What a challenge, to cleanse metal of evil!'

"Dave, break up the band, and pursue your new love for Jesus on your own. Leave the rest of us out of it."

Podem ver a notícia toda em Blabbermouth

28 de Junho de 2005
O site Metal1 publicou uma entrevista com o Andreas Nilsson do NAGLFAR, em que este classifica a atitude de Dave Mustaine como sendo "estúpida e ignorante".

We all know that your lyrics are not really like preached in the church. So, what do you think of Dave Mustaines current behaviour concerning “satanic” Black Metal bands on festivals where Megadeth are also set to appear? He obviously wants to get them pulled off of the billing, like Rotting Christ and Dissection reported.
Really? I haven't heard about it, ‘cause I've been away. Aehm, what can I say… I mean that is a stupid and ignorant behaviour. I can't even understand this stupidity to try to have other bands blocked off a festivals because just of what they play.

Fonte.

Essa pesquisa toda não foi minha. Foi do usuário AgeOfDawn, do fórum português Homestudio.

Enfim, sei que não muitos lerão o post todo, mas achei que valesse a pena. Vi que não tem tópicos sobre o assunto, então, resolvi trazer a notícia pra cá, ainda mais pq sei que tem muitos metaleiros e fãs do Megadeth, inclusive eu.

Carlos Henrique 2
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

nem li =p

teuabreu
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Dave Mustaine pode barra quem quiser, o que importa a religião e as concepções do cara? è um direito dele gostar ou não, eu nem sou cristão mas defendo o direito dele, alem de que o Megadeth é muito foda e passar por tudo que o Mustaine ja passou na vida não é qualquer um que resistiria não.

MatheusMX
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Isso ae \m/
Satanistas são idiotas

Brunorocker
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

10 x 0 !

\o/

Atoyot
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Hm, a maioria das bandas satanistas sao so de brincadeira. Eu acho bem bobo nao querer tocar com bandas so porque elas admiram o lado negro da espiritualidade. O que importa é a musica. Certamente ele nao se importaria de tocar com uma banda satanica brasileira, porque nao entenderia as letras.

Fritz_mkvl
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Deixa ele ué.

Brunorocker
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

certo ele oras, nenhuma banda satanica aceitaria tocar ao lado de uma banda de white metal por exemplo.

Pseudonimum
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

É o direito dele de acreditar no que quiser, mas acho que deixar de tocar com as bandas por conta disso é besteira. E essas bandas acho que nem realmente satânicas são.

Guitarrante
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Cero ele. Ele está sendo apenas coerente com aquilo que ele acredita. E coerencia é algo que falta a maioria das pessoas...

CurTu MeTaL e NaO o DemOn
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Concordo! Certo ele...
mas eu não sabia que existia mesmo bandas que se diziam Satanicas! Pensei que elas só falavam isso em algumas letras, e de uma forma meio escondida...não sabia que era ''tão na cara'' assim!

Minha vontade é de um dia conversar com um satanista..
ah, mas só uma coisa...em que sentido esta sendo usado a palavra Satanistas?
No sentido das bandas adorar o Demo, ou fazer parte daquela religião Satanica? (que pelo que sei, não adora o diabo, e somente é contra o cristianismo)

kapetanovic
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

10 x 0 !

\o/

+ ae tem como traduzir essas entrevistas???
rsrsrs

Metal_X
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Tah por fora em veio? Existe uma porrada d banda q eh satânica "na cara dura"... Exaltando o demônio msm, cometendo blasfêmias e etc kra, os kras saum do chifrudo MESMO

O sentido da palavra satanista se refere à akele q adora satã, satã p/ ele eh como Jesus Cristo ou Deus p/ os cristãos, sacou? Eles adoram o diabo e odeiam a figura d cristo

Kem naum adora o diabo e eh contra o cristianismo saum os anti-cristos, q geralmente saum ateus e naum acreditam nem no diabo e nem e Deus

Na minha opniaum, Black Metal eh coisa d poser, tem umas bandas q até tem um som foda como o Dimmu Borgir (Blessings Upon The Throne Of Tyranny), mas eh ridiculo as atitudes e coisas q os kras pregam

Misturar religiaum c/ música eh idiota, c/ algumas excessões d letras críticas e realistas como Leper Messiah do Metallica

Nina_wish
Veterano
# mar/06 · Editado por: Nina_wish
· votar

Ah tudo bem ele ter virao cristão mas acho bobeira parar de tocar com essas bandas =/

Brunorocker
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

mas aí, me respondam: alguma banda de BLACK METAL, aceitaria uma banda de WHITE METAL pra abrir seu show?????

acho q não, então oq ele fez tá certo.

Johnny Favorite
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Que panaca! Cade o tradicional satanismo das bandas de Metal? Que porcaria....onde esse mundo vai parar?

toddy_dus_inferno
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

mas aí, me respondam: alguma banda de BLACK METAL, aceitaria uma banda de WHITE METAL pra abrir seu show?????
megadeth é white metal? =S
mas se bem que o cara faz o que quiser

Midgard
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Megadeth eh foda

Fritz_mkvl
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

O satânismo do Lavey não tem nada a ver com o cristianismo e nem com adorarar o Diabo. É basicamente uma crença egocentrica.

http://www.templeofmagic.hpg.ig.com.br/bs/menubs.htm

Fritz_mkvl
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

http://www.cacp.org.br/satanismo.htm
http://www.apsatanismo.org/aps_frame.html
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanismo

Thedekai
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

daqui a pouco eu leio com detalhes mais de qualquer jeito Mustaine ainda é o cara mais foda do Megadeth que é uma das bandas mais fodas que ainda tocam, e tomara que eles voltem pro BR agora em 2006 pq esse com certeza eu não vou perder

Poisoned Head
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Kra eu adoro o Megadeth... só que não tocar por causa de ideologia religiosa é ridiculo. Como a bicha do Marilyn Manso disse: "uma religião que precisa de censura (nesse caso o cristianismo do Mustaine) para ser forte, já está mais do que fraca" ou algo parecido com isso.

Poisoned Head
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Kra eu adoro o Megadeth... só que não tocar por causa de ideologia religiosa é ridiculo. Como a bicha do Marilyn Manson disse: "uma religião que precisa de censura (nesse caso o cristianismo do Mustaine) para ser forte, já está mais do que fraca" ou algo parecido com isso.

teuabreu
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Poisoned Head

A cara eu tenho uma certa "simpatia pelo diabo" so que ele tem o direito de escolher as bandas que vão abrir seus shows, independente de serem de Black ou Death, eu respeito e valorizo, sera que o Oficina G3 fariam turnê com o Decide?Nesse caso não é censura, é liberdade de escolha, assim como o Nirvana não quis fazer uma turnê com o Guns e o Metallica e muitos casos por aí.

Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Metal_X
Existe uma porrada d banda q eh satânica "na cara dura"... Exaltando o demônio msm, cometendo blasfêmias e etc kra, os kras saum do chifrudo MESMO
Eita, um dia vou querer conversar com um desses...hehe

Na minha opniaum, Black Metal eh coisa d poser
Concordo totalmente com voce! Minha vontade é encontrar um, e perguntar se ela acredita no demonio de verdade...e quem é o demonio pra ele! Porque não é possivel alguem que acredite no cristianismo adorar justo quem tanto odeia ele! Por isso tambem acho que é tudo pose..

affcl
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

o Megadeth foi muito maior do q qualquer dessas bandas

Gabriel Anjos
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

O Dave Mustaine apesar de ser bom musico e ter uma banda boa e sempre lançar bons albuns, tem esse problema... é um grande cuzão...
Se fosse eu tocava com as bandas na boa.

Yusuke Urameshi
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

coisas a se considerar:

1- mustaine é um fresco
2- apesar disso ele tem o direito de optar por tocar ou naum
3- realmente , na minha opinião eh baixa moral pro megadeth tocar com essas bandinhas de modinha satãnica por ae

Dave Mustaine 2
Veterano
# mar/06
· votar

Dave Mustaine sempre teve um lado meio cristao...
ja repararam nas letras de "In My Darkest Hour", "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?" ??
Acontece q antes ele era meio a meio, nunca foi satanico.
Agora ele deixou o lado satanico e partiu apenas para o lado cristao, infelizmente ou felizmente, em partes...infelizmente pq isso limita mto nas composiçoes, felizmente pq alguns imbecis diziam q MegadetH era Death ou Black Metal.
Qto ele tocar com bandas Black ou Death Metal, a decisao é dele, se hj ele é cristao, naum deve gostar desses tipos d musicas, portanto ele tm o direito d naum tocar com o q ele naum gosta.!!

Enviar sua resposta para este assunto
        Tablatura   
Responder tópico na versão original

Tópicos relacionados a Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) X Bandas satânicas