Como conseguir esse timbre? (John Mayer)

Autor Mensagem
    Morva
    Veterano
    # jul/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEE2_RYyVYk&feature=player_embedded

Bom, antes q alguem pergunte, eu usei a busca e naum consegui achar nada q me ajudasse, entaum por favor respondam...

Eu queria saber o que eu posso fazer pra ter esse timbre...

OBS: Eu só quero saber q efeitos ele usa e se possível como "montar" um som parecido na minha pedaleira.

Meus equipamentos:

Guitarra Fender Highway One (HSS)
    Pedaleira Line 6 Floor POD Plus
    Amp Warm Music 108 Dr (20W)

MauricioBahia
    Moderador
    # jul/09
    · votar

Toca muito esse FDP!

ogner
    Veterano
    # jul/09 · Editado por: ogner
    · votar

Morva

Compre um TS-808 e um amp valvulado

ou

http://johnmayer.yuku.com/topic/1369/t/UPDATED-JOHN-S-GEAR-LIST-FROM-J OHN-HIMSELF.html

MauricioBahia
    Moderador
    # jul/09
    · votar

Morva
    Ahh.... Não sei como chegar nesse timbre! ;-) Será que não rola um TS ali não hein?
    Abs

Lucas_fms
    Veterano
    # jul/09
    · votar

Morva

Cara, é isso, Stratocaster, TS, e valvulado.

Morva
    Veterano
    # jul/09
    · votar

ogner

Eu ate queria... mais a grana num permite nada huashuahsuuhsu

Acabei d compra a pedaleira e a guitarra, entaum eu gostaria q vcs me dessem uma ideia d como chegar nesse timbre com os equips q eu tenho no momento msm.

Mais msm assim valeu pela resposta ;D

ogner
    Veterano
    # jul/09
    · votar

Eu ate queria... mais a grana num permite nada

Então esquece!!

Acabei d compra a pedaleira e a guitarra

Deu mole!

Hehehe. Brincadeira!! Cara não conheço sua pedaleira! Não posso ajudar!! Alguem aparece ae pra te dar uma luz...Aguarde...Mas se sua sua pedaleira tiver simulação coloca um fender ae e um drive tipo TS q fica bacana!

MauricioBahia
    Moderador
    # jul/09
    · votar

Morva
    http://www.efxpedais.com/superscreamer.html
    Abs

Morva
    Veterano
    # jul/09
    · votar

ogner

Valeu pela resposta cara... minha pedaleira tem varios amps fenders como simulação, só num sei esse drive tipo TS q vc falo, mais eu acho aqui alguma coisa do tipo.

gucrispim
    Veterano
    # jul/09
    · votar

Morva
    regula ai a pedaleira que rola um timbre similar. e posição 4 na chave da strato, certeza! haha

ogner
    Veterano
    # dez/09
    · votar

Aqui parece ser um suposto post do proprio!!!

De qualquer forma é interessante:

Hey (gear) guys and gals -

I thought it might be fun to post a little something regarding gear, specifically that endless hunt for our guitar tone. It’s as much of an obsession for me as it is for some of you, and I want to share a little of what I’ve learned over the past few years. I read through some of the posts in this part of the forum, and I can’t get over how much of a positive spin you’ve put on the guitar community. It’s has a tendency to be jaded, and I love to see that you’re getting happiness and fulfillment out of it and not frustration.

There are some misconceptions that seem to constantly perpetuate, and I want to try and bust one of them up right now. Oh, and it should be noted throughout that this all applies to my take on tone. If you like heavy metal, you’ll probably disagree with everything I have to say.

Distortion pedals – One thing to keep in mind with distortion – I should say overdrive pedals, so as to distinguish them from fuzz pedals, which is more of an effect unto itself - is that they’re really made to simulate overdriving an amp naturally. Vintage tube amps have a threshold where they break up past a certain volume. A distortion pedal is used to make that ‘break up sound’ happen at lower volumes, which is a reasonable expectation. You can’t turn a ‘65 Deluxe Reverb to ‘8’ in your bedroom without making a lot of people miserable. Stevie Ray Vaughan used an Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-808) , which in the 1980s was regarded as kind of a cheap pedal. Here’s the misconception; he didn’t really use that much distortion at all. He did when he was going for that Jimi sound, but listen to most any early SRV tune and you won’t hear as much break-up as you might think. I hear people all the time (I even remember hearing myself) who just dime the ‘drive knob’ and think the ‘volume’ is a master knob for it. It’s a concept known as “gain staging” - it has to do with the way that the volume of each part of your signal chain interacts with the next. The ‘volume’ knob of an 808 is the most important. That’s by definition, the overdrive part of it. The “overdrive” should be thought of as the “cheat” knob. Remember this – kicking on distortion should make your guitar louder, not quieter. Quiet sounding loud is just strange. Setting gain staging will make sure that when you kick the pedal on, your guitar signal will get appropriately louder. Again – Stevie Ray used so much less distortion than you can possibly imagine. He was loud, and the way it hit the tape (and your ear) made that sound. I use a vintage 808, which has some properties that I like, but it is by no means the holy grail of tone. It has it’s place, though. Everything does. Just remember that turning that “cheat” knob too high also cheats you of the natural tonal characteristics of your guitar. Do work that volume knob, though.
    So what if you don’t have the 600 bucks for an 808? Don’t even worry about it. There are so many pedals designed to emulate it, it’s not even funny. Purists want the original 808 because of some fairly esoteric microchip differences. The Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive is somewhat close, (and dirt cheap!) but it can also have a really harsh high end. (What’s in a name, right?) I think the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 is a FANTASTIC update on the 808. The Keeley-modded TS-808 reissue is very close to an 808. These pedals are what I call “paint chip” close. If you didn’t have an original 808 to A/B with, you wouldn’t know what you were missing. If you’re looking for a good “edgey” tone, check out the Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal from the early ‘90s. Not the BB-2 (bad), but the original. It’s a great beefy sound that colors strat pickups in a really interesting way. The tone knob is like a “B.B.” dial. If you feel like your guitar just won’t cut it in the mix with your band, but you don’t necessarily want more overdrive, check out the Fulltone Fat-Boost, or the Keeley Katana. Kick it on for a solo, and it’s like having your own personal mixing engineer ride your fader. I use a Keeley-modded Boss BD-2 pedal as well. It’s got it’s own thing going on, and I like it. So many pedals are cool, and most every one has a place for something. It’s fun to listen to a pedal and then play to it’s strengths.
    Oh, here’s another misconception: True bypass is all-around better than buffered (regular) bypass. Not so. Think of your guitar cable as a hose, and your guitar only pushes a certain amount of water pressure out of it. After a certain length, you’re going to need some more pressure to squeeze the water out. True-bypass takes the “in” and “out” cables of a pedal and connects them as if they were one long hose. After a certain length, you’ll get some pretty hefty tone loss. I learned this when I unplugged my guitar from my pedal switcher and went straight into the amp. Guitar pedals without the TB serve as a buffer for the signal, and naturally keep that water flow going. Yes, sometimes the trade-off can be harsh; some pedals, while buffering your signal, can also adversely color it, even when in bypass mode. That’s a good time to think TB. True bypass is a concept that only really took off as a selling point over the last 5 years or so. It won’t kill you to have it, but it certainly isn’t the only reason to get a pedal over another one without it.

I Hope that helps you out a little bit. There are so many other things I want to share with you, where to put your money, where to save it... Maybe I’ll get to it all over time. I can’t think of anything more exciting than tone hunting, and I hope you can’t either.

PLAY ON

JM

Fonte:http://johnmayer.yuku.com/topic/1860/t/Message-from-John-regardi ng-gear-01-27-05.html

Konrad
    Veterano
    # dez/09
    · votar

ogner

Bom texto!

ogner
    Veterano
    # dez/09
    · votar

Vou dar um up aqui, pq apesar de ninguém comentar acho que devam estar lendo...Independente de ter sido o JMayer ou não o responsavel pelo texto, é um bom texto que tange assuntos que debatemos muito aqui...Entre outros, ajuste de volume, degradação do sinal e marcas!

Mauricio B. meu rei, que vc acha de traduzir esse texto ae do jeito que só vc sabe, ein!!!!???? hehehehe

Rabbit
    Veterano
    # dez/09
    · votar

ogner

Já tinha visto esse texto a um tempo atrás num fórum, não me lembro qual. Muito bom, vou ver se traduzo o danado.

ogner
    Veterano
    # dez/09
    · votar

Rabbit

Boa...se traduzir vai ser bacana!!!

É o texto é antigo mesmo...

A fonte esta no final do texto!!!!

edilsonaragaojr
    Veterano
    # dez/09
    · votar

Morva
    cara, com seu equipamento COM CERTEZA vc consegue algo parecido pelo menos...fuça aew velho...com vamp2 o cara consegue algo decente, imagina com uma fender e um floor pod...

XurruS
    Veterano
    # dez/09
    · votar

TS = Tube Screamer?

ogner
    Veterano
    # dez/09
    · votar

XurruS
    isso

Les Guitar
    Veterano
    # dez/09
    · votar

Pega uma John Mayer signature e pede pela Brasfrete.

Motoboy From Hell-SDMF
    Veterano
    # dez/09 · Editado por: Motoboy From Hell-SDMF
    · votar

Hmmm ele disse que o Bluesbreaker atual é ruim?
    soh pq to pensando em comprar um =\

hauaua

Morva
    Veterano
    # dez/09 · Editado por: Morva
    · votar

edilsonaragaojr

eh cara, eu num postei mais nada aqui mais consegui um timbre legal sim! na vdd ao procurar um som parecido acabei encontrando um som mais com a minha cara msm q na minha opinião eh melhor q ficar copiando timbres.

Les Guitar

ai eh osso hein ;/ HISOAHOSAIOH

ogner

só pra completa.. eu comprei meu primeiro valvulado! eh um peavey valveking 112, to esperando ele chega aqui (comprei pela net), agora só vai falta o ts q vc falo pra completa HIOSHOAI mais ele fica pra mais pra frente, pq agora eu num vejo necessidade.

welbster
    Veterano
    # set/10
    · votar

Qual pickup ele usa? vcs sabem?

ogner
    Veterano
    # set/10
    · votar

welbster

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0119700800

Ta ae!! Specs

Dreh28
    Veterano
    # set/10
    · votar

Cara, se vc quiser tirar esse timbre no POD, faça isso:

1 - Selecione o amp Blackface Fender Deluxe Reverb e deixe
    com a caixa padrão que aparece junto com ele.

2 - Deixe o Bass em 8, Mid em 5, Treb em 7

3 - No pedal de distorção, deixe o Verdinho (Screamer) com pouco drive e mais ganho

4 - Ligue o Comp, deixe no 1, com Threshold bem baixo.

5 - Reverb - Coloque em King Spring, em 20% com mix em 40%

--- Eu acho que isso já deve resolver ---

Ah! Coloque no captador do braço da sua guita que é pra dar um som bem strateiro mesmo.

Ps: Vai ter uma alteração ou outra que vc terá que fazer, mas o básico é isso.

Espero ter ajudado.

MathStefanini
    Membro Novato
    # set/16
    · votar

Galera, outra pergunta parecida hehehe

Qual(is) pedal(is) o John usa nesse solo? a partir de 4:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFh26fwdSI

abraçooos

Mateus Z.
    Veterano
    # set/16
    · votar

Ele usa a distorção dele normal (acho que é um klon centaur, tube screamer + o amp dumble dele) e dai aciona um oitavador. acho que ele usa o EHX Microsynth.

Fugitivo
    Veterano
    # nov/17
    · votar

Enviar sua resposta para este assunto
              Tablatura   
      Responder tópico na versão original

Tópicos relacionados a Como conseguir esse timbre? (John Mayer)