Cuidado com amigos de seus filhos....

Autor Mensagem
snowwhite
Veterano
# jul/06

Tópico idiota para mostrar a arte de uma desenhista de Chicago muito bizarra...

http://patriciapiccinini.net/

ServeTheServants
Melhor arranjo
Prêmio FCC violão 2008
# jul/06
· votar

so gato e faso natasao
ass> omb ros largös

ninhaw
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

haha que bizarro.. e pedófilo e tudo mais

Lúthien Tasardur
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

que isso do lado da menina?....capeta? o0

snowwhite
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

Ela é escultora tb....muito estranho...

eeevee
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

Curti os desenhos.

Carla Andréa
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

snowwhite

Não deu prá ver...
=/

snowwhite
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

Carla Andréa
Não deu prá ver...
=/

Por que?

Luckas_Guitar
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

Eu acho esses legais:

http://patriciapiccinini.net/wearefamily/index.php

Nos lembram do nosso essência animal.

stratopeido
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

grotesco, mistura de arte bruta com star trek pedofilia, mas é impossivel n chamar a atencao

Jack Holland
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

Credo, que horrível
E não entendi a relação disso com o título do tópico...

snowwhite
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

Então...é uma mistura estranha mesmo...inusitada...mas não sei até que ponto a arte deve chocar...

Embora arte seja livre expressão do inconsciente tb...mas essas imagens nunca passaram antes pela minha cabeça...e eu tb pinto e desenho...

snowwhite
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

Jack Holland
Credo, que horrível
E não entendi a relação disso com o título do tópico...

Tem uns desenhos de uma série, que parecem ilustrar algum tipo de relação amistosa entre bebês e amiguinhos imaginários...

Jack Holland
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

snowwhite
Tem uns desenhos de uma série, que parecem ilustrar algum tipo de relação amistosa entre bebês e amiguinhos imaginários...

Ah, entendi...
Mas nem tive paciência de ver tudo, só de ver um já me deu náuseas...

stratopeido
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

"Things are different today,"
I hear every mother say
Cooking fresh food for a husband's just a drag
So she buys an instant cake and she burns her frozen steak
And goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And two help her on her way, get her through her busy day

Doctor please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more
What a drag it is getting old

Mother’s Little Helper, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, 1965

Some things, once done, are not easily undone. We might recognise later that we should not have done them in the first place, however undoing them is not so easy. Like an egg, which once broken cannot be unbroken, when something is created, it is difficult to contain. This stands as much for a work of art as it does for a genetically modified creature. Anyone who thinks that they can maintain control of the things that they create is fooling themselves. Whether it is genetically modified canola, the cane toad, a work on the secondary market or an image on the internet, once the thing leaves our hands all we can do is watch.

A number of strands of my practice come together in this exhibition. Different media and iconographies that I have explored over the past several years appear together. However, all of these works spring from the same set of ideas and concerns. Creation, birth, responsibility, babies, the changing nature of the environment and our relationship with it, the increasingly nebulous boundaries between the technological and the natural world ­ each of these works explore these same ideas in different ways.

It would be a mistake to see this show as a series of individual projects separated by media. To me it is a single world, where each work expresses a different facet of the same core concerns. These works need to be together, because no one work can tell the whole story of anything.

There are a few main stories that intertwine in this show. The first, told primarily through the figurative silicone sculptures and photographs, is about doing the wrong things for the right reasons and whether we can use technology to solve environment problems. The second story is more general and can be found in all the works. It is about the way that some stuff begins to take over places where it doesn’t really belong. A third story is about babies. Actually, it is not really a story; it is more a recurring image. Everywhere you look in this show there are babies. I have just had a baby myself. People now ask me whether I think that experience will change my work. I’m not sure, but there have been babies in my work since the early nineties so there is no dramatic change there.

The ‘Nature’s Little Helpers’ series of sculptures and photos focus quite specifically on the first story. The sculptures present a series of creatures that I have designed to ‘assist’ a series of the endangered Australian animals. In the photographs, we follow more closely one of these creatures, ‘The Bodyguard (for the Golden Helmeted Honeyeater)’. It is very seductive to think that we could find a simple technological solution to complex ecological problems such as extinction. It is far more exciting to talk about genetic engineering than to designate a large area of habitat/real estate as national park so that dozens or even hundreds of native species might be given a better chance of survival. We have a long history of scientifically introducing new stuff into our environment in order to make it better, however it has rarely worked. Yet our relatively recent understanding of genetics seems to have left us ready to add yet more stuff in an unprecedented way. Why do we think we have it all figured out now?

The sculptures present a series of quite considered propositions for helper species while photographs play out the possibility of the ‘success’ of such an idea. With the sculptures, I have been able to present my creature ideas in a fashion that is direct and strangely believable. People are fascinated by the tiny details, the moles and wrinkles, which almost forces them to accept the possibility of their existing. I also deliberately steer clear of too much sci-fi or horror in my creatures. They stay rooted in the possibilities of real animals. These creatures are almost too easy to accept ­ the real animal world is just as weird anyway. Like the extraordinary bio-geno-tech discoveries that these creatures relate to, the bizarre and unbelievable becomes the obvious and commonplace almost instantly.

I am as interested in the emotional outcomes of such transformations as I am in the conceptual or ethical. Sometimes I worry that my work isn’t ‘cool’ enough; it is warm, cute, emotive, melodramatic even. Nowhere is this more evident than in my drawings. In many ways, I see these drawings as central to the exhibition. My practice starts with drawings, and while it often then finds its way into a variety of other media, in this case it has actually ended up there. These drawings explore one of the central themes of my practice; our relationship with the things that we create, in this case my helper creatures. There is a combination of innocence, trust and vulnerability in the children that I find quite apposite as a way to express our relationship with much of the new technologies that now impact on our world and our bodies. I love the way that they seem to get on so well together, but it also worries me a little.

snowwhite

como vc achou ela?

User1
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

nao vi nada demais

snowwhite
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

stratopeido
como vc achou ela?

Me mostraram e eu achei interessante...

snowwhite
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

Thiago Carlisbino
nao vi nada demais

Olhou tudo, amiguinho??? Tudo tudo?

stratopeido
Veterano
# jul/06 · Editado por: stratopeido
· votar

snowwhite

eu n tinha imaginado aqueles monstrinhos como amigos imaginarios.. p/ mim pareceram grotescos demais pra me dar essa ideia hehehe, quanto a questao do quanto a arte pode chocar, acho q alguns fazem isso simplesmente pra chamar a atencao, e ate assumir uma postura meio "cool", independente do valor artistico em si.. mas isso n tem nada d chocante comparado a uma exposicao q fui (p/ piorar ainda era criança) em q colocaram uma cadeira sem ascento, e em baixo dela um imenso caralho com um terço amarrado

snowwhite
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

stratopeido
colocaram uma cadeira sem acento, e em baixo dela um imenso caralho com um terço amarrado

sim...mas aí é pra ser "underground" mesmo...ou metido a "cool".

User1
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

snowwhite
cliquei pra abrir as fotos e nada.
passa o link das fotos ampliadas.

snowwhite
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

Thiago Carlisbino
cliquei pra abrir as fotos e nada.
passa o link das fotos ampliadas.

Já tentei...não passa...o link é um só eu acho

Flying CCCP
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

snowwhite

Não tenho filhos, e você???

stratopeido
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

snowwhite

é esses sao os artistas "posers" hehehe, po logo agora q eu corrigi o "acento" tu da quote na palavra heheh

User1
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

stratopeido
voce que eh fan do tom morello?

User1
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

snowwhite
=/

stratopeido
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

Thiago Carlisbino

nao, pra mim n passa d um comunista maconhero d merda

User1
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

stratopeido
ahahhahahahahahhahahahah.

User1
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

stratopeido
me apresente fatos que comprovem tais acusaçoes de sua pessoa.

snowwhite
Veterano
# jul/06
· votar

stratopeido
é esses sao os artistas "posers" hehehe, po logo agora q eu corrigi o "acento" tu da quote na palavra heheh

Ah...não estressa não...:)

Enviar sua resposta para este assunto
        Tablatura   
Responder tópico na versão original

Tópicos relacionados a Cuidado com amigos de seus filhos....