Relação Modelo de amplificador que o The Edge do U2 usa VOX AC-30

Autor Mensagem
    TheEdgee
    Membro Novato
    # jun/15

Boa tarde a todos
    Estou curioso para saber o modelo do VOX- AC 30 que o The Edge usa,pois queria comprar um,ou modelo parecido..
    Gostaria de saber o que vocês me dizem sobre ele.
    Abraço a todos...

Luisfelp FR1
    Membro
    # jun/15
    · votar

TheEdgee

E ai cara blz,

Sou super fã do The Edge :D tbm!!
    O modelo que ele usa é um Vox AC-30 top boost 1964, porém ele é muuuuito modificado, toda parte de elétrica por dentro e os falantes foram alterados o que faz com que ele se tenha um som diferente de um amp não modificado desse modelo.

Numa entrevista o Guitar Tech do The Edge, Dallas Schoo, comenta sobre o que ele estava usando na 360° tour e fala um pouco sobre os amps:

Take me through the amp setup you have here.

"Well, of course we have the main AC30 from '64. Can't do a show without that. Then we have a '58 Fender Deluxe with a Vox speaker and a '57 Deluxe with a Jensen speaker. From there we go to a mid-'50s Fender Harvard - a very rare amp, by the way, and it sounds fantastic - and I put a Vox speaker in that. Plus, we have some early '70s Vox amps as backups."

But the main star amp-wise is the '64 AC30.

"Absolutely. It's the basis for The Edge's sound, live and in the studio - well, aside from what's in his head and his hands and just the magic he brings to what he does."

Let's go through some specifics of the amp. It's what's known as an 'AC30TB.'

"That's right, it's a 'Top Boost.' The chassis is 1964 but it's housed in a 1970s cabinet - this I how the amp came when Edge originally purchased it. The speakers are a Jensen Blue Alnico 12" from the '60s and a Silver Jensen Alnico 12". I replaced a Blue Alnico in early 1986 for the Silver Jensen because the blue one blew out and that's what I had in the U2 Dublin storage as a replacement."

Could Edge tell the difference between the two speakers?

"Totally. He knows any kind of change I make to that amp. Nothing gets by him. Luckily, he likes the speaker combination, so we stuck with it."

Still, you've had to make some other changes to it over the years. It's certainly not stock.

"It's not stock at all. I have Marshall capacitors in there, Fender capacitors and resistors. It's totally one-of-a-kind, a real Frankenstein. Edge loves that amp so much and he really relies on it. It's probably more important to him than any guitar."

A entrevista completa você pode encontrar aqui: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/u2-exclusive-the-edges-stage-se tup-revealed-223342

Mauricio Luiz Bertola
    Veterano
    # jun/15
    · votar

TheEdgee
    Já tens a grana?
    http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-655991387-vox-ac-30-_JM
    http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-663227941-vox-ac30-ingls-_JM

Enviar sua resposta para este assunto
              Tablatura   
      Responder tópico na versão original

Tópicos relacionados a Relação Modelo de amplificador que o The Edge do U2 usa VOX AC-30