I need Brazilian party music recommendations

Autor Mensagem
mambo
Veterano
# fev/08 · Editado por: mambo

Apologies for writing in English - I don't speak portuguese, though I understand a few words :-)

I am a DJ and I will be playing at clubs in Europe where there will be lots of brazilian people. I need to find some good Brazilian/latin party music for them to dance to... samba, axe, forro, pagode, brazilian pop, latin pop ("La camisa negra", etc.), merengue, reggaeton, etc.

Can anyone recommend some really popular tracks, especially from 2005-2008, that I could play for them, that are guaranteed to get them dancing?

Obrigado!

Sharper
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

In Brazilian night clubs DJs play mostly international songs. So you will have no problem playing what you already do.

But, to just show that you know they're there and that you made your research, you could throw in a couple of songs.

My suggestion would be this one (the version with the black eyed peas) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mas_Que_Nada

The problem with samba, axe, forro, etc, is that even though they are popular, they are at the same time hated by others... So you might find yourself getting a negative reaction from the crowd instead of a positive one. But if you go through the more "cult" route, I believe that the crowd will appreciate your effort.

Another suggestion would be Cotidiano, by Seu Jorge. I believe the song is originally from Chico Buarque, but Seu Jorge's version is pretty cool.

Now just wait for a few more suggestions and you're good to go.

maggie
Veterana
# fev/08
· votar

I am a DJ and I will be playing at clubs in Europe where there will be lots of brazilian people. I need to find some good Brazilian/latin party music for them to dance to... samba, axe, forro, pagode, brazilian pop, latin pop ("La camisa negra", etc.), merengue, reggaeton, etc.
Latin pop?
Merengue?

hehehehe

Steve Van Halen
Veterano
# fev/08 · Editado por: Steve Van Halen
· votar

The problem with samba, axe, forro, etc, is that even though they are popular, they are at the same time hated by others... So you might find yourself getting a negative reaction from the crowd instead of a positive one. But if you go through the more "cult" route, I believe that the crowd will appreciate your effort.
People that hate axe, forro, etc normally like international songs, so that must not be a problem to you

I'll give you the name of some bands or artists ans them you look for songs:

Axe - The greatest brazilian artist of Axe is Ivete Sangalo, she has tons of famous songs. Other great artist is Chiclete com Banana, their songs are very very popular, but they don't have a lot of good music. Another great artists are Daniela Mercury. Babado Novo, e Jamil (this last i think is the worst).

Pagode - Well i don't like very muchthis kind of music, so i won't give you a opinion that might be wrong. But there is a banda that was very famous a couple of years ago: Inimigos da HP

Samba - If you want samba i think the better would be the samba enredo of some escolas de samba, it's all about drums, but very nice. If the people there like this kind of batucada (only playing drums) you may try playing some musics of Olodum.

Brazilian pop - Today brazilian pop is almost all about translating some english songs to portuguese. But the best songs are from the Tropicalia, ex: Caetano Veloso, etc.

There is another style that a lot of people like that is the Sertanejo, it's like a brazilian country but with more rythmn. The famous artista are: Edson e Hudson, Leonardo and Bruno e Marrone

Reggae: A lot of brazilians think that Bob Marley was a genious, so playing his song will always be good. But i know about one brazilian band that is called Planta e Raiz, they have like 2 very fmaous songs.

Edited: any way, good luck. But you must know that merengue and latino pop are not styles liked or known here in brazil.

apenha
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

mambo

hi, i understand your request

you can search songs by

Ivete Sangalo (axe, pop)
Claudia Leite (axe)
Lulu Santos (pop)
Djavan (pop, mpb)
Ed Motta (pop, funk, mpb)
Papas na Lingua (pop, reagge)
Exaltasamba, Belo, Jeito Moleque (pagode)
Zeca Pagodinho, Dudu Nobre (samba)
Skank, Jota Quest, Capital Inicial (pop rock)

has4
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

Steve Van Halen
Reggae: A lot of brazilians think that Bob Marley was a genious, so playing his song will always be good. But i know about one brazilian band that is called Planta e Raiz, they have like 2 very fmaous songs.[/i]

mambo
In State of Maranhão, in Bazil, there are one great reggae band his name is Tribo de Jah, it has some great reggae songs. Other reaggae bands too: Nativus, Cidade Negra, etc.

mambo, are you have your own songs? Show us, man! Good luck and God bless you!

Filipe_
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

mambo
I didn't get it... are you going to mix these songs on a kind of "techno" version, or play them in their original version?

anyway... search for any songs by Ivete Sangalo or Babado Novo, two "axé" singers/bands very apreciated by people around here.

kyo_ryo
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

Search for Lulu Santos songs. There's a lot of eletro pop music. Try this songs (all by Lulu Santos): Mala & Cia (samba and bit of eletro), Fogo de Palha, Aquilo, Bolado, Nau dos Insensatos, Cadê você, Tudo Igual, Assim caminha a humanidade, Aviso aos Navegantes...

Atum Bluesman
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

mambo
latin pop
Los Fabulosos Caddilacs

Search too:
Natiruts- Brazilian Raggae
Tim Maia, Hyldon, Cassiano, Carlos Dafé - Brazilian Soul Music
Adoniran Barbosa, Demônios da Garôa - Samba

Hansen
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

mambo

Try to hear "vai passar", by Chico Buarque; This music is much known from the brazilian people, is a classic carnival´s samba.

Others classic songs here in Brazil:

O que é, o que é - by Gonzaguinha;
Que maravilha - by Jorge Ben Jor (or only Jorge Ben);
Tico tico no fubá - by Zequinha de Abreu (instrumental and very older, but has a lot of versions);
Bagaço da Laranja - Zeca Pagodinho
O que será (flor da terra) - Chico Buarque

Steve Van Halen
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

Oh yeah, talkin about reggae i forgot Tribo de Jah and Natiruts

Claudia Leite (axe) = Babado novo

ana cris.
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

mambo
You can play just international musics that they're going to like as the same, here in Brazil everybody listens to everything! Eletronic music is the most player in parties here. Enjoy yourself! Kisses.

maggie
Veterana
# fev/08 · Editado por: maggie
· votar

Steve Van Halen
Edited: any way, good luck. But you must know that merengue and latino pop are not styles liked or known here in brazil.

That's it... if he's searching for brazilian's songs, he can see Sr. Brasil and Viola Minha Viola at YouTube.

:)

MatheusMX
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

Search for "Paralamas do Sucesso" (pop rock)

Hansen
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

Search for "Fat Boy Slim"

He comes a lot to Brazil that he is almost naturalized!

hahahahh...

RobertSmith
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

daniela mercury é bom!

raff
Veterano
# fev/08 · Editado por: raff
· votar

o termo 'musica internacional' não existe fora do brasil, ele nao vai entender nada haueauieha

e eu entendo ele, ele achou que os brasileiros poderiam ter um pouco de orgulho da musica brasileira... mas infelizmente não é bem isso que acontece.mas enfim.

dude, play this you cant go wrong:

Nando Reis - Dessa Vez
Nando Reis - Por Onde Andei

Elis Regina - Como nossos pais
Legião Urbana - Indios
Chiclete com Banana - *any song
Ivete Sangalo - *any song
Chico Buarque - *any song

raff
Veterano
· votar

wow, I forgot -
the best
Jorge Ben - Pais Tropical
and
Tim Maia - Não quero dinheiro
Tim Maia - Primavera

dude, Jorge Ben and Tim Maia are fucking legends, u have to play it =P

these are some music that represents brasil and everybody loves it

now, if you want to choke the guys there (in a positive way) ...
Play Racionais MCs - Negro Drama .. Even I will want to be there if you play this .

B.Frusciante
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

Samba, Caipirinha, Rio de Janeiro, Obrigado!

Traduction:

The book is on the table

[analfabet off]

raff
Veterano
· votar

TIM MAIA - NÃO QUERO DINHEIRO
these is a very cool party song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VII-Ap2La4

Jorge Ben Jor - Taj Mahal (Rod Stewart copied this song from Jorge, Jorge precessed Stewart and Jorge won)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmV5ZRkvMUM

teuabreu
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

Lisent this:

song: DANÇA DO CREU

Artist: Mc Creu

TWT ICE
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

Edson e Hudson
Rulez!
play ''azul'' and be happy =)

Afferson
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

You can play Skank - Saidera or saideira i dont remember << thats the best one

Hugo_W
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

huahuahua...just play mc creu... they will love it.... :S

has4
Veterano
# fev/08 · Editado por: has4
· votar

(Rod Stewart copied this song from Jorge, Jorge precessed Stewart and Jorge won)
raff

lol - Yes, it's true! \º/\0/\o/\O/ lol
All rights reserved

But about to his artistic name George Benson won him!

Private Pyle
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

Quem acha que o cara ainda volta?

Steve Van Halen
Veterano
# fev/08
· votar

huahuahua...just play mc creu... they will love it.... :S
well they won't like just the song but if you teach them to dance, theyy'll love it

Sam
Moderador
# fev/08
· votar

mambo

palcomp3.com ;)

Black Fire
Gato OT 2011
# fev/08
· votar

merengue
Uóta fãqui?